Find out how a gift of knitting needles can make a world of difference across Durham Region this season.
The Durham Regional Cancer Center in Oshawa is looking for knitting needles.
Here are a few of the big things that a small pair of knitting needles can do:
1) Help patients and family members pass time as they are waiting for their Chemotherapy Treatment or Radiation Therapy Treatment.
In each of our waiting rooms we have baskets of Wool and Knitting Needles and Crochet Hooks to make squares, mittens or scarves.
2) The squares that are made are then put together to make Lap Blankets, Afghans, Mittens and Scarves.
3) These Blankets are then passed on to
- HEARTH PLACE for Cancer patients
- FAIRVIEW LODGE for seniors without families
- DURHAM REGIONAL POLICE for the police cruisers for accident victims
- LOCAL SCHOOLS for the mitten and scarf trees; to help those who do not have any
- SHELTERS FOR WOMEN
So your contribution of KNITTINGS NEEDLES goes a long way.
If you can help please email Liz Roy and she will arrange to pick them up. Email: email@example.com