Here are Durham Region's parent picks for tobogganing hot spots from Ajax, to Oshawa to Whitby and beyond.
If you have a hot spot to suggest that's not listed, please let email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can add it to our list.
We've put together a list of hot tobogganing spots across Durham. This list is a work in progress, so if you have some suggestions that aren't listed, on hills big or small (if you can let us know if they are good for little ones that would help too), let us know and we're more than happy to add them.
All hills are free unless noted.
* ParentSource.ca is not responsible for the accuracy of this information and does not accept any liability for injury due to using these hills. Tobogganing can be dangerous, please take care.
- Greenwood Conservation Area Offers a variety of hill sizes
- East end of Lake Driveway. Go to the end of Harwood, turn left on Lake Driveway and you'll see the hill. Great for little ones.
- Paulynn Park, 1571 Ravenscroft Road (photo above was taken here)
- Brother Andre Catholic School, 60 Segar Ave (very steep)
- a few smaller hills behind Duffins Bay Public School in south Ajax
Scarborough (Pickering Border)
- Snow Tubing at Ski Lakeridge (for kids 4 and older) $5.70 plus tax/ride
- Uxbridge Arena Hill (291 Brock Street West, Uxbridge) Call: 905 852-3081 for more information.
- Very small hill for little ones on back field of Henry Street High School (600 Henry Street)
- Very small hill of very end of Annes Street South (where it reaches a dead-end)
- Medium/large hill (without too steep an incline) that many toddlers to school-aged kids use at the Otter Creek Park (bottom of hill is on Frost Drive, top of hill off Habitant Crescent)
- The east side of Guthrie Park (thanks to gtadaddy on Twitter)
- Glen Hill Park on Glen Hill St is a great medium hill
- Pringle Creek Park
- Park Rd and Philip Murray Dr (use extreme caution since there are no barriers and can be lots of traffic)
- Farewell St just south of Highway 2 has an awesome mega hill (not for the faint of heart)
- Oshawa Golf Club
- behind Fairport Beach Public School on Oklahoma Dr
- BlogTo has a fabulous list of some of the best hills in Toronto. Just click here to read more.