Let's make a Candy Cane Craft for Christmas with the kids! Candy canes are so bright and colorful, and this craft activity makes them super fluffy and fun too! The kids can't eat em', but they will sure have a blast making them!
This candy cane craft project is a perfect activity for preschool and kindergarten children for a winter or Christmas theme unit. And, it helps build fine motor skills.
Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town by Steven Kellogg is a wonderful book to read to children about Christmas. And, there are so many great activities to go along with the book, like this Candy Cane craft for kids!
While the children are working on their Candy Cane craft, play theSanta Claus is Coming To Town Christmas song in the background.
So what are you waiting for? Let's make a Candy Cane Craft with the kids!
Craft items you will need and Craft instructions:
- Gather your materials. You will need some cardboard (like an old cereal box), some red paint, a marker, glue, cotton balls and something to paint with. We are using a dish scrubber because it's been a while since we've painted with it but anything will do, finger painting is a great option too!
- Start by drawing a candy cane on the cardboard.
- Paint it red and let it dry.
- Add some stripes of glue.
- Pop on some cotton balls and Let dry.
- When it's all dry, cut it out and you have a sweet, soft and fluffy treat!
And, voila, the children have now made a Candy Cane for Christmas! This is a perfect activity for preschool and kindergarten children for a winter or Christmas theme unit.
Special thanks to Allie McDonald.
Kiboomu offers the largest collection of award-winning Kids Music Downloads with FREE Kids Song Lyrics. Be sure to check out Kiboomu's top-selling Educational Music Apps for Kids too!